Thursday 26 April 2012

At Attention


Wednesday morning I saw the earliest I have seen in a long while. It was a 3.30 start to ensure we got to the dawn service by 5.00. The morning was fresh but as you stood there with the cold air it was hard to even imagine what some of the soldiers go through! I can’t say I have ever been to a dawn service but every other year have either participated or watched the march and attended the horse races. This year really put a twist on things a dawn service at the beach! 

It was fantastic. I really did not know what to expect! I thought how are they going to ensure a crowd of thousands can see and hear what is going on! Well how shocked was I when proceedings began with a voice over and the noises from the war. Here I was looking around the sky for a plane and covering my head ( that is actually no word of a lie, you know the first 3 seconds before your brain, at this tender hour of the morning, kicks into gear).

I always think ANZAC Day is remarkable in the way Australians becomes so reverend and thank full for the amount so many have sacrificed! I hope yours was splendid!

Lest We Forget.


Take care, 
PP xx

1 comment:

  1. It sounds lovely and the pictures are beautiful. I'm glad you put the effort into getting up and going to the service. It inspires me to want to do it for next year.

    ReplyDelete