Thursday 24 November 2011

Traffic!

In our 6th day of rain straight here so not much harvest happening and it will take several days for it to all dry out! I had a couple of trips to town this week when on my quite country road (if you pass 6 or more cars in 30kms it is a very busy day) when I came across what I would like to refer to as a “traffic jam”. Due to the raining conditions 500 cattle were being walked along the road. As they have been on the road in and around the immediate shire for several years now they are VERY used to traffic. I was trying to be as polite as I could and not use my horn to avoid upsetting the drover. I realised that they really were not going to share this road. They were not fazed in the slightest by the fact that I was in a moving vehicle and in a hurry to get grooving into town! That was it, the horn had come out...do you think the cattle moved any where away from the car or were troubled in the slightest by such a sound.... NO. When I headed on home after my time in town they had decided they would eat some grass away from the road and only 20 wanted to share the road...possibly they felt the steam out of my ears.
I am somewhat annoyed that I didn't have my camera on the front seat as I am sure it would of made and interesting photo! The look on the cow’s faces would have been worth it, 'what sharing with you, I think not'.
I really shouldn’t complain though as some city folks put up with a lot worse each and every day!

Take care,

PP x

1 comment:

  1. I wish you'd had your camera - this would have made a great shot!

    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete